As you work from home, you realize that making calls and attending online meetings require quality sound. This is why you need a good pair of wireless headsets from Amazon. Not only will you get rid of annoying background noise, but also enjoy convenience.
Looking for the best wireless headsets for working from home? Read further for reviews on Amazon’s best wireless headsets.
How Wireless Headsets Work
Wireless headsets connect through technologies such as Bluetooth, WiFi, infrared, and radio frequency. For wireless headsets to work, the device must transmit radio signals to the headset using either of these technologies.
Bluetooth headsets connect through software called audio codecs. Codecs compress data and transmit it from the device (phone, tablet) to the headset’s speakers.
Radiofrequency and infrared headsets connect to the device through a base unit like an adapter or dongle. Radio or infrared waves are transmitted from the base unit to the headsets. The headset then transmits the waves to audible sounds.
Types of Wireless Headsets And Their Use Cases
Unlike headphones, headsets have their microphones visible and attached externally. The two most common types of microphone design are external and voice tubes.
External microphone designs have their microphones attached to the end of their microphone arm. While voice tube or internal microphone designs are quite different. They have their microphone attached near an earpiece and a tube that directs sound to the microphone.
Most external mic designs are noise canceling. They allow sound in a bi-directional manner while eliminating surrounding noise. Voice tube designs pick up sound in an omnidirectional manner, including unnecessary noise.
Use Cases of External and Voicetube Headsets
Voice tube designs are considered outdated. While External microphone designs are currently in use. They are mostly used by gamers, call center agents, and home office workers.
Monaural and Stereo Style
Wireless headsets are designed for single and double-earpiece styles. Single earpiece styles basically support monaural sound. While the double earpiece style supports stereo sound. Monaural sound channels typically project in a single direction, from the single earpiece speaker. While stereo sound projects from a 3D or multidirectional perspective. Some stereo headsets can also project monoaural sound, depending on their purpose. For example, single and double-earpiece telephone headsets deliver monaural sound. This is because the telephone provides single-channel input and output.
Use Cases of Monaural and Stereo Style Headsets
Monaural headsets are typically used for communication between office workers and other personnel. For example receptionists and call center agents.
Stereo headsets are used by people who enjoy sound quality. For example, gamers, audiophiles, and sound engineers.
There are three common headband designs: over-the-head, behind-the-neck, and earloop. Over-the-head designs go over the head with two speakers on both ears. Behind the neck goes around the back of the user’s neck. While earloop designs are hung on the ear. They usually have a single earpiece.
Use Cases of Headband Styles
Over-the-head styles are commonly used nowadays for music and games. While earloop designs are mostly used for calls and communication.
Aside from headband styles, wireless headsets come in three different earpiece styles. In-ear style is designed with a small speaker that fits into the ear entrance. On-ear designs are bigger with flat speakers that sit on the outer ear. While around-the-ear style covers the entire ear with large, cushioned ear pads.
Use Cases of Earpiece Styles
Choosing wireless headsets with different earpiece styles depends on your preferences. Athletes and commuters may prefer in-ear headsets because it’s more handy and lightweight. While gamers and audiophiles may opt for on-ear and around-the-ear headset designs. This is because they offer better noise cancelation and sound quality than in-ear headsets.
Best Wireless Headsets For Working From Home
Plantronics Audio 995 USB Multimedia Headset
- On-ear form factor
- Connects with USB Adapter for PCs and Macs
- Black colored
- Memory foam ear cups
- External noise canceling microphone
- Wireless USB adapter to connect with the device. It has a connection range of 40 feet.
- 40mm dual drivers deliver outstanding audio quality with crisp and clear full-range stereo sound.
- Noise-canceling external microphone equipped with Fast Mic Mute feature. Automatically mutes background noise when the boom is lifted.
- On-ear controls to adjust volume, playback, and skip tracks.
- Easy to set up and use
- Good sound quality
- Lasting battery life of 8-9 hours with a fast charge
- Navigation controls are limited
- Pressure from ear cups can cause discomfort
Price: $349.99 on Amazon
Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset
- On-Ear form factor
- Connects with a USB dongle and Bluetooth
- External noise-reducing microphone
- High-quality speakers to deliver good stereo sound.
- Noise-reducing external microphone to emphasize voice during calls.
- In-line call controls to adjust volume, playback, and skip tracks.
- Lasting battery life of up to 30hoirs for calls and 59 hours for music.
- The mute feature allows automatic mute by lifting the boom.
- Special Microsoft button to join Microsoft Teams meetings.
- Affordable price
- Easy to set up and use.
- Lasting battery life. Battery time is communicated often by the headset.
- Discomfort from prolonged use.
- The microphone can only be used on the left side.
Price: $77.99 on Amazon
Jabra Evolve2 UC Wireless Headset
- On-Ear form factor
- Connects through Bluetooth
- Black color
- No audio jack
- Enhanced memory foam padding for passive noise cancelation.
- Enhanced 3-microphone call technology for improved noise cancelation.
- Leak-tolerant 40mm speakers for high-quality sound.
- Long-lasting battery life of 37 hours on s single charge.
- Works with all Unified Communications platforms. Also available in Microsoft Teams-certified variant
- Improved indicator busy light and red light during calls and meetings
- Good sound quality and noise cancelation
- Comfortable ear pads for prolonged use
- Impressive battery life after 37 hours
- Easy to set up and pair with phone and laptop.
- Works well only in short ranges
Price: $198.40 on Amazon
EKVANBEL Wireless Headphones
- On-Ear Form factor
- Connects through Bluetooth 5.0 chipset technology and cable wire
- 33-foot Range
- Wide compatibility with Bluetooth dual connectivity to phones and laptops. It also connects to voice assistants.
- The type-C charging cable can be used as an audio cable in wired mode.
- The external microphone is rotatable and noise-canceling to emphasize the sound. The headband is also adjustable.
- High-quality sound with superior stereo vibration and cushioned earpads.
- Long-lasting battery life. It can last for 200 hours on standby and 33 hours of talk time.
- Great value for money
- Comfortable and convenient
- Not easy to set up. Requires password for Bluetooth connection.
Price:$44.99 on Amazon
Jabra Evolve2 65 MS Wireless Headphones
- On-Ear form factor
- Matte black
- Made with memory foam
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Has a Bluetooth adapter USB-A and USB-C to USB-A
- Long-lasting battery life of up to 37 hours after a full charge.
- Leak-tolerant 40mm speakers and 3-microphone call technology. These provide high-defined audio sound.
- Passive noise cancelation with well snug earpads
- Works with UC platforms and optimized with Microsoft Teams
- Great sound
- Lightweight compared to previous models
- A deep base in sound is not favorable for calls
- Can become uncomfortable after prolonged use
Price: $189.97 on Amazon
Yealinks BH72 Lite Wireless Headset
- On-Ear form factor
- Made of metal
- Connect through Bluetooth/ USB-A Bluetooth Dongle
- VoiceShield Technology
- Noise-canceling microphones
- Talk time: Up to 35 hours
- Charging Time: 180 mins for a full charge
- Acoustic Shield Technology provides a virtual shield to eliminate noise and distractions.
- Equipped with professional Ole Wolff diaphragm to improve frequency response and music sensitivity.
- Ergonomic and comfortable headband for prolonged use.
- Retractable microphone boom to switch from making calls to listening to music.
- Works with UC platforms and Microsoft Teams certified.
- Quality stereo sound from speakers
- Comfortable headset with ergonomic design
- Quite pricey
Price: $139 on Amazon
|Product||Connectivity||Sound Quality||Noise Cancelation||Volume Control||Price ($)|
|Jabra Evolve2 UC||Wireless||4.2||3.9||4.3||198.40|
Jabra Evolve2 UC Buying Guide: The Common FAQs
How Do I Connect My Jabra Headset to My Computer?
It is easy. Simply put on your Jabra headset. Plug the Jabra dongle (Jabra Link 380) into the USB port of your computer. Go to the sound settings of your computer and connect to the Jabra Link 380. The headset will indicate connected.
Is Jabra Evolve2 Good?
Jabra Evolve2 headphones are an improvement from the Evolve series. Features like sound quality, noise cancellation, and convenience are much better.
What is the Difference between Jabra Evolve and Evolve 2?
Jabra Evolve2 has better comfort and noise cancelation than the Jabra Evolve series. The earpads are much bigger and Microsoft Teams is certified on the Jabra Evolve2 series.
What is the Answer Button on Jabra?
The multifunction button on the earcups serves as the answer/end call button.
Wireless headsets are important if you’re working from home. You can answer calls and attend meetings and presentations seamlessly without distractions.
Wireless headsets on Amazon have good features like good audio quality, noise cancelation, and convenience. You also get amazing discounts for headsets that are great value for your money.