In this post, you’ll find the best home workout routine to deal with back.
Back pain is a common health problem affecting many people today, especially remote workers. If you have back pain, you are most likely to feel a characteristic ache or burning sensation around the lower part of your back.
While back pain may be linked to an underlying disease, it may also be due to injury, bad posture, or sitting for too long in a position. Many office workers experience back pain due to prolonged sitting and working.
It’s best to get medical help if you are having back pain. If the cause is not serious, like stress or bad posture, consider relieving your back pain with exercise. Regular exercise is one of the best ways to prevent and cure back pain. It helps you build strength, gain balance, and improve your posture. Read further for the best home workout routines to eliminate back pain.
The Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain is caused by many problems that vary from person to person. Your back supports you, helps you stand straight, and moves your upper body around. It contains the spine, which collaborates with muscles, tendons, and ligaments to function.
Back pain can occur if any of these components develop a problem due to a medical condition, injury, or strain.
The common causes of back pain are:
- Structural damage like ruptured discs, sciatica, or arthritis.
- Injury or strain due to lifting something heavy or improperly.
- Bad posture. Hunching, sitting, or standing in a position for a prolonged period.
- You have a higher risk of getting back pain if you are old, pregnant, or overweight.
- People who do strenuous activities or have a sedentary lifestyle are also prone to developing back pain.
- Genetic factors and underlying medical conditions pose higher risk of having back pain.
Best Home Workout Routines To Cure Back Pain
Aside from pain relievers, exercise may help to relieve back pain. Below are some workout routines that can help to strengthen and stretch your lower back:
Read: Why You Need A Separate Home Office For Remote Work
#1: Bird Dog
The bird dog works on the glutes, back extensor, and abdominal muscles. It strengthens the core, the glutes, and the lower back. It also helps to give stability and balance to the core and cures back pain.
- The bird dog is a workout that starts with being on all fours, with the hands and knees in a straight line.
- Stretch the right arm forward and, at the same time, slowly extend the left leg backward.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds while tensing the abdomen.
- Do the same process for the opposite arm and leg. Repeat the workout 10-15 times.
#2: Knee-to-Chest Stretch
The knee-to-chest stretch is a stretching exercise that receives tension and back pain. It also stretches out the gluteal muscles.
- To perform this exercise, lie flat on your back, then bend your right knee towards your chest.
- Use both hands to hold the right knee against the chest for 10-20 seconds.
- You will feel a gentle stretch on your glutes and back muscles.
- Return the right leg to the floor, then repeat the process for the left leg. Return the left leg to the floor.
#3: Glute Bridge
The glute bridge helps to strengthen the glutes (the largest buttock muscle) and hips. Strong glutes stabilize the lower back and hips, thereby relieving back pain.
To do the glute bridge:
- Start by lying flat on your back.
- With your feet flat on the floor, place both palms on the floor and push your hip upwards.
- Squeeze your abdominal and gluteal muscles and hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Gradually lower your hip to the initial position.
- Repeat the process 10-15 times.
Read: Home Office Design Ideas For Remote Workers
The plank is a common exercise that stabilizes the core and strengthens the lower back muscles. It also works on the abdominal muscles, arms, and hip flexors. It provides stability and may help to relieve back pain.
To perform the plank:
- Lie on your stomach with your elbows on the floor.
- Lift your hips and knees from the floor with your elbow supporting your weight.
- Tighten your abdominals and butt.
- Hold the position for 20-30 seconds while holding the hips parallel to the floor.
- If you do it correctly, your abs will begin to tremble.
- Slowly bring your hips to the floor to rest.
- Repeat the process 3-5 times.
#5: Child’s Pose
The child’s pose is also called the kneeling back stretch. It helps to stretch the lower back, glutes, and thigh muscles. As a result, easing pain and tension around these areas.
To perform the child’s pose:
- Kneel and place your palms on the floor to be on all fours.
- Slowly sit back with your butt on the floor and your knees bent.
- Stretch out your arms in front of you as you sit back.
- You will feel a gentle stretch around your glutes and lower back. Take a deep breath and relax in the position. Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds.
#6: Side Plank
The side plank is a modification of the traditional plank. It involves performing the plank in a sideways position. The side plank works on stabilizing the hip, lower back, love handles, and arms.
To get started:
- Lie straight on your right side and prop your upper body with your elbow. Ensure to stretch out your legs with the left leg on your right leg.
- Place your left hand in an akimbo style, or keep it straight on your hip.
- Slowly lift your hip from the floor so that only your elbow touches the floor and supports your weight.
- Tighten the abdominals and glutes while holding the position for 20-30 seconds.
- Slowly return the hip to the floor, rest for a few seconds, then do the same for your left side.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times.
Other Benefits of Home Workout Routine For Beginners
Home workouts are relatively simpler exercise routines you can perform at home. It is best to hire a personal trainer if you are a beginner. Here are some other benefits of working out at home:
- Home workouts save time and money as you don’t need to subscribe for a gym membership or commute to the gym.
- Most home exercises do not need special equipment.
- It gives you convenience and privacy.
- Pushing yourself to workout at home gives a sense of discipline.
- Home workouts are more flexible and can be modified to suit your body’s needs.
Top-Rated Home Workout Equipment To Buy
The best home workout equipment will help you exercise and stay fit and healthy in the comfort of your home. Below are some of the top-rated home workout equipment to buy from Amazon:
Amazon Basics Extra Thick Exercise Yoga Mat
This extra thick yoga mat from Amazon Basics is perfect for performing yoga exercises at home. It has a textured foam construction that sides in stability and grip. It is 1/2 inch thick to provide comfort, support, and absorb shock.
Read: Best Home Office Microphone Brands In The Market
Eoneka Resistance Bands Set
If you want to burn fat and build strength at home, then the Eoneka resistance band set is perfect. It consists of two adjustable resistance training straps, two triangle buckles, and two hoist buckles.
The bands are made of solid and durable materials connected by a sturdy zinc alloy. They are also easy to operate and carry around.
BalanceFrom Anti-Burst and Slip-Resistant Exercise Ball
Need an exercise ball to relieve stress and back pain or perform exercises? Consider getting a BalanceFrom exercise ball.
It is made of anti-slip material preventing falls or accidents. It is also sturdy enough to tolerate pressure and to avoid bursting. The exercise ball is easy to clean and comes with a free foot pump to inflate the ball.
SUNANTH Back Stretcher for Lower Back Pain Relief
If you suffer back pain and need to relieve the ache, try getting a SUNANTH back stretcher. It relieves tension and pain from muscle spasms, sciatica, and other causes of back pain.
This stretcher is made with an ergonomic design that protects your spine while relieving tension. It also improves back flexibility and helps to correct bad posture.
Amazon Basics Cast Iron Kettlebell
Perform resistance training exercises with the right equipment, like the Amazon Basics Cast Iron Kettlebell.
The cast iron makes this kettlebell sturdy, while the enamel finish increases durability and prevents corrosion. The handle is wide and textured to ensure a comfortable and secure grip.
Luwint Back Brace Lumbar Support for Lower Back Pain Relief
Another back relief equipment you should check out is the Luwiny back brace lumbar support. It provides extra support and protects the lower back while lifting, sitting, standing, or working.
This back brace is perfect for relieving tension, stress, and aches in the waist and back. It can also help to support postpartum recovery.
Read: 11 Productivity Tips For Working From Home
Back pain is a common problem that many people suffer from. It can arise from an underlying medical condition, injury, bad posture, or staying in one position for a prolonged time. It is best to seek medical help if you experience back pain.
Exercise is one of the recommended ways to cure or relieve back pain. Workouts that strengthen and stretch the lower back may alleviate the ache. You can get home workout equipment from Amazon if you need extra support when working out.